Menu

CM schools?

Ambleside Schools are CM style schools that are beginning to sprout up. I checked and there isn't one in Nashville yet. I've been really tempted to start one in my area but I'm not sure there would be sufficient interest. Being Nashville, if you're interested in starting one, would be more doable.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you looked at Waldorf? My two sisters are HUGE Waldorfians and it mimics some of CM philosophies and approaches. It is not for everyone and not for me...but I know many who love it. For me it is too laid back and not based in the real world...but it does hold some merit for some of it's approaches - nature, and literature like CM.

There are other schools that use a lot of CM's ideas. I don't know about your area, but I know of The Covenant School and The City School in Texas. I'm not sure how you would go about finding one near you, though. Maybe contact the nearest school that you know about and ask if they have any ideas in your area. My mom used to be the Lower School Director at Covenant, and I know she was involved in training/conferences with people from The City School and the original Ambleside school. You also might look at local classical schools. Many of them incorporate CM ideas, especially in the lower schools. Childlight is another organization (originally founded by Susan Schaeffer Macauley and her husband Ranald), where you might get a lead.

I, personally, would be wary of a Waldorf school, especially if you are a Christian. While they incorporate ideas that sound similar to CM, they have a definite spiritual undercurrent that is not Christian.