Menu

Getting started with Singapore...which books do we need?

diaperjoys

Workbook + textbook? Or just one? Which one? This is for our rising 1st grader, and math seems to come pretty easily to him. I'm looking at the examples online, and I'm not catching the differences. Is the layout pretty self explanatory, or is a TM critical? We'd be using Singapore as a supplement, not the spine, of our math curriculua.

Thanks!

Workbook + textbook? Or just one? Which one? This is for our rising 1st grader, and math seems to come pretty easily to him. I'm looking at the examples online, and I'm not catching the differences. Is the layout pretty self explanatory, or is a TM critical? We'd be using Singapore as a supplement, not the spine, of our math curriculua.

Thanks!

The Textbook demonstrates the Singapore way of doing the math, and the Workbook has the child practice it. I also think the HIG's are extremely helpful, more so as the program moves on because it shows how to work multi step problems and doesn't just give you the end answer.

Heather