Menu

Just need to vent

So, my dh's employer changed our insurance carrier Jan. 1. Come to find out that my chiropractor doesn't accept this insurance. I have been going to my chiro. for 7 years. I really like both doctors there and they give gentle adjustments. They do whole spine adjustments. I hear most chiro. only adjust 1 area of your spine or probably charge more to do the whole thing. My chiro. also has a massage therapist that I need to see every month or two. My old ins. did pay for this. Now I don't get massage therapy anymore and my muscles really need it.

So now I have to go find a new chiropractor. This has me so mad, sad, frustrated, and so much more.

And on top of this, my dd's orthodontist doesn't accept this ins. either, so now we have to pay this all on our own.

I literally feel like crying!:crying:

Thank you for listening.

That really stinks. I hate when we have to switch insurance and all the dr. switching and whatnot that goes along with it. Maybe you could get your messages through a student for a discount. I'm not sure about the braces, ours only coverd so much then we have to pay the rest out of pocket anyway. I wish you as smooth of a transition as it can be. :grouphug:

You could just talk to them and come up with a payment that is satisfiable to both of you.

I had a chiro once and this insurance switching happened to me. I talked to him and he agreed to take my co-pay and write off the rest. He said that he would rather keep me as a patient for less money than to lose me as a patient. I know that he did this for others also. His business grew because he was willing to work with people.

You could just talk to them and come up with a payment that is satisfiable to both of you.

I had a chiro once and this insurance switching happened to me. I talked to him and he agreed to take my co-pay and write off the rest. He said that he would rather keep me as a patient for less money than to lose me as a patient. I know that he did this for others also. His business grew because he was willing to work with people.

I have heard of many doctors in a variety of specialties offer opportunities such as this. I would definitely ask.

We just changed insurance too, and I understand how stressful this is. :grouphug:

Today I was speaking with the billling girl. She is the chiropractors wife. I did ask her if there was any way, since I have been a patient for 7 years, if they could charge me less than the $42 cash amount they charge for adjustments. She said she doubts they would do this for legal reasons. Meaning, if they did it for me they would have to do it for everyone. She said she would ask anyway and get back to me. I am hoping to hear from her tomorrow. I understand her point of not being able to do for some and not others, but I also don't think it is right to let a patient of 7 years walk away.