Menu

I want to make up some biscuits and freeze

I haven't tried freezing already-cooked biscuits, Jean, but I've seen them in stores. I think you could make up a batch and then freeze and reheat the biscuit.

Another thought might be this (but I've only done this with muffins, not biscuits): When my dh and I were married, a friend of ours made her very own muffin cookbook and gave it to us as a wedding present! Anyway, one of the recipes in that cookbook was for a standard muffin mix, to which you would add your liquid ingredients, such as milk, eggs, and oil. I wonder if there's someone online available for that?

I just did a quick Google search, and found this recipe from Cooks.com. Here's their recipe for buttermilk biscuits, and I'm wondering if this would work if you mixed all of the ingredients together, stored them in a container, and then added the buttermilk just before baking? It might be worth a try!

I can vouch for the homemade muffin mix: All I had to do was measure out the mix, add milk, eggs, and oil, and whatever other flavorings (i.e., cinnamon, strawberries, cherries, blueberries, etc.), and I had a batch of homemade muffins in no time at all.

I think this idea might work for the biscuits as well. Let us know what you end up doing!