Menu

Facebook question

It doesn't matter but if you want the conversation to look like it makes sense there is a place to comment under the original comment and they will get a notification that you have commented. Just don't do like so many confused people have done and use your status as the comment box. :lol:

Thanks! There's a bit of a learning curve, isn't there? Still trying to figure out how it all works.

Another question.

How often do people update their status? A guy I know was complaining that a friend updated her status every day. So he deleted her.

He's not very active on FB, though, so I wouldn't call him a regular.

Is daily too often?

I always wonder where I should reply as well....and I've been on FB a while LOL. Usually I just reply to the comment on my own wall.

As far as status updates go, sometimes I won't update my status at all, sometimes once...but no more than about three times a day. Usually about once or twice though. I think excessive is like 8 or more times a day.

See, tweets are for 12+ status updates per day. Facebook? Not so much. Judging from what I see people do (and how I feel about that) it seems a good rule of thumb to change your status update if you have something worthwhile to say. "Time for dishes" is not the thing. "I just flatulated" also not the thing. "Today my kid learned the theory of relativity!" IS the thing. Also funny things your kids have said, interesting ideas, ponderings, major news that isn't TMI; basically ask yourself what is the first thing you'd tell your best friend if she called you on the phone right now? If it's the top of the list, then it's likely noteworthy. So hey, if you have a day where 10 noteworthy things happen, then knock yourself out. You'll be entertaining everyone if it really is noteworthy. :D

Those are good thoughts, LOL.

That's what I don't understand. Some people post status updates on things like "I have a headache" or "I'm going to the market to pick up bread." I don't get that.

*yawn*

I also don't understand all those games. Where do people find the time to play those?

It all depends. If it's a relative and a flyby comment, not a discussion, then I'll leave it on their's. If it's something up for open discussion then I reply right there so that others can join in.

Sometimes I'll type what I'm doing or how I'm feeling just for those that keep up with my status (distant relatives, etc). In our case and our friends', we know how to pray, offer advice, or encourage each other by it.