Menu

WWE 3 & 4?

Woodhaven

What is the recomended age for WWE 3 and WWE 4? Is there an age range?

Thank you for any answers!!

Roughly they are grade levels, but you can use them a couple of years later with no big deal. I am relaxed in the early years and choose not to start WWE 1 till 2nd grade.

If you have a child is is 4th or older you might consider just buying the Hardback. It has roughly 6 weeks of samples for each year, which is often enough to remediate an older child, unless there is an LD present, then you may want to use the workbooks, though you still may not need to start with the first one.

Heather

If your youngest is 9, you may want to at least start with WWE 2. My ds, 8 years of age, is gifted and reads well and writes easily. I almost started him on WWE 3 since we have done some copy work and dictation. I am glad that we did not and chose to start at WWE 2. WWE 2 is fantastic for summarizing and beginning writing. MY son is great at recall but wants to give every detail. WWE 2 helps to summarize succinctly and is great preparation for WWE 3 which is step up IMHO.

What is the recomended age for WWE 3 and WWE 4? Is there an age range?

WWE III = 3rd grade = 8yrs

WWE IV = 4th grade = 9yrs

That said, I would put more weight on writing skill level than age level. We started our 9 yr old (4th grade) in Level 3. We completed the lessons in double-time, and will be finishing up in the next couple of weeks in order to start WWE IV when it is released in the next month or so.

You can view a sample of WWE II here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/14293693/The-Complete-Writer-Writing-With-Ease-Workbook-Level-2

You can see a sample for WWE III here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/21451748/Writing-With-Ease-Workbook-Level-3

I expect samples for IV to be available soon. I saw on Twitter that it has been sent to the printers! :-D

That said, I would put more weight on writing skill level than age level. We started our 9 yr old (4th grade) in Level 3. We completed the lessons in double-time, and will be finishing up in the next couple of weeks in order to start WWE IV when it is released in the next month or so.

We're doing something similar. I started my 4th grade 9yo daughter in WWE3 about a month or so after it came out based on the samples online as they seemed to best fit her level. We are doing at least two sessions a week, sometimes three, and I do an entire "lesson week" at each session. I'm hopeful that it will be done about the same time that level 4 comes out in hardcopy. I've been *very* pleased with using the workbook, much more so than I would have with just the text.