Menu

CLE LA or WWE & FLL or ACE

1GirlTwinBoys

:001_smile:

I'm thinking about going with one of these programs for the 2nd half of DD's 1st grade year. I'm not sure what to do though. She is an emerging reader at this point. I like the looks of CLE because it has continued phonics included from what I can tell by the samples, BUT the symbols and weird dictionary markings really bother me. :001_huh:

WWE & FLL look very interesting to me but no continued phonics are included. I would do AAS for continued phonics if I go this way.

I have twin boy's in K and phonics is combined for the 3 of them. The boy's are testing on a 4th grade reading level but are no way ready for CLE & I don't think they need WWE or FLL in K.

Any input would be great! :)

Edited by 1GirlTwinBoys

We have used CLE for the past 6 months or so and I couldn't be more thrilled with it! :) It is rigorous yet gentle, and touches on things other programs do not. The only area that needs supplementing, in my humble opinion, is the writing. For that we are about to start using the WWE workbooks. I was trying to pull together my own sentences and do it on my own, but that proved to be rediculous. :tongue_smilie: I really cannot reccommend CLE highly enough! My son had absolutely zero problems with the dictionary markings; if fact, I think it helped his pronunciation of several things. IMO, the dictionary markings aren't used frequently enough to warrant not using the program, if that is your only hang-up with it. It is such a rich program and I constantly find more reasons to love it! :D Feel free to PM me if you have more questions...my post keeps getting deleted on accident, so this is probably a disointed response. :lol: