Menu

Taking the NLE again?

Has anyone taken the NLE a second time?

My son took Latin I last year, his 7th grade year. This year we got sidetracked a little, as we joined a co-op and started using a different Latin text. He's really having a different Latin I again, instead of a Latin II.

I don't think he's quite ready for the Latin II exam. I was wondering whether it would be a good idea for him to take the Latin I exam again - he got a good score last time, but almost certainly his score would be better this time.

...but I think a person can only take the NLE one time.

My son's Latin teacher was adamant about students telling her if they had taken it (part I) before... ever; even several years ago. I believe she said it was because they could only take it once.

Hopefully, someone who actually knows the answer will reply! :001_smile:

Hmmm. And I thought that I had had someone tell me that their students repeated a test the next year.

I don't see anything on the registration form that says you can't ...

Anyone? Bueller?

The best way to get an answer to this question would be to write the people at the NLE directly, however there is a chart on the site that explains which exam is most appropriate for each student. http://nle.org/syllabi.html

That page also includes links to the syllabus for each exam at the NLE site, which should give you a good

idea of which level your student is in,

The best way to get an answer to this question would be to write the people at the NLE directly, however there is a chart on the site that explains which exam is most appropriate for each student. http://nle.org/syllabi.html

That page also includes links to the syllabus for each exam at the NLE site, which should give you a good

idea of which level your student is in,

Right. And according to the chart, my students are not quite ready for Latin II. But my son took Latin I last year. My other co-op student did not - he could take Latin I and do well. But I don't know what to do with my son. I'd rather have him re-take Latin I and get a good score, than to take Latin II and score poorly because he's not there yet.

Thanks. If no one here knows about re-taking the test, I will email the NLE folks.

Hi Stephanie,

Let me know if you get a reply. I e-mailed NLE last fall about my middle son taking the Intro to Latin again. Like your son, he's not yet ready for the next level, but he took Intro to Latin last year. The NLE never replied, so I ordered the exams for our boys, and my middle son will take the Intro to Latin test again. If NLE doesn't want to count his score, then they don't have to...

Take care,

~Beth