Menu

Classical Writing, Aesop

SonshineLearner

Hi There,

I have Classical Writing Aesop and Classical Writing Aesop Instructor's Guide. To use for an advanced student, would you need a different Instructor's Guide? Or just an advanced Student's Guide?

Thanks!

If you have a child 7th grade or up you would need the Older Beginner's Teacher Manual, Student Manual, and both Aesop and Homer Core books.

If you have a student younger than 6th grade you would probably skip Aesop A, and start with Aesop B, then move into homer. In that case you would need the Aesop B Teacher Manual, Aesop B Student Manual and Aesop Core. The exception is if they have already done a similar program, then they would start with Homer, but they need to be able to do quotation work, descriptive detail, and work with a dictionary independently and ideally be able to outline.

The spine of the series is the Core book. You can actually use it alone and choose your own models based on the philosophy. To make the program easier to use the added the Teacher Manual, which has the answers to most (not all the grammar review) of the work suggested in the Student text. It also has a weekly checklist of what needs to be covered to keep you organized. The Student Manual has the models, the necessary forms to do all the work and instructions.

Heather

Oops... I already purchased the books I mentioned.... so... I can keep those for my 1st grader... and then start on the Aesop B. I wanted to not make this "too" hard of a program.. It's for my 6th grader, but it will be after the writing course that we do during the year. I would rather be the course be easier than harder.... I want to have them move through the program during our "off school year time" as we do another writing program during the school year... so about 15-20 weeks a year. :-)

Carrie:-)