Menu

Did you find the reproducible cd-rom for Mystery of History Vol.I helpful?

Dianne-TX

It's a convenience if you don't want to struggle with making copies (and for most that includes a trip to the copy shop or DH's office, lol). Some don't like the dark stip that copies from the book would have because the original doesn't lay flat because of the binding....they perfer to not have to take their book apart to make decent copies. I always have the binding cut off my books so that I can put them into binders and in some cases protection sheets, so then making copies is easy. The pages of the book are rather thin and there is some bleed through from the page behind...so for some that's a bother too. Not so much to me.

I don't think I'd pay $20 for it, because you STILL have the cost of printing ink/paper in addition.

I'd spend the $20 on the Enrichment4U supplement. THose are some fun activities.

One more question... is the timeline book that is recommended on MOH's website for Vol. I (Timeline History Through the Ages... from Amy Pak) the best one to use? Is there another one or a different/cheaper way to do a timeline? I like the idea of having the figures done for me, but is there a different way to do that.

One more question... is the timeline book that is recommended on MOH's website for Vol. I (Timeline History Through the Ages... from Amy Pak) the best one to use? Is there another one or a different/cheaper way to do a timeline? I like the idea of having the figures done for me, but is there a different way to do that.

If you are going to de-bind your book, you will be able to easily make copies. If you want to keep the book together, then it is easier to buy the CD. If it helps in making a decision my de-bound book is in better condition than my bound. :001_huh:

Linda has instructions on how to make one with a sewing board in each volume. You can also consider the SL Timeline figure book, or the Winter Promise book. Each have different features. For example the SL one is spirial bound, so nice if you like to leave it open to a page, but the WP one is 3 whole punched, so you can add pages if you run out of room.

BTW the MOH 1 yahoo group has a ton of pictures of timelines done after the sewing board fashion, and the files have free color figures, and basic black and white figures.

Heather

If you are going to de-bind your book, you will be able to easily make copies. If you want to keep the book together, then it is easier to buy the CD. If it helps in making a decision my de-bound book is in better condition than my bound. :001_huh:

Linda has instructions on how to make one with a sewing board in each volume. You can also consider the SL Timeline figure book, or the Winter Promise book. Each have different features. For example the SL one is spirial bound, so nice if you like to leave it open to a page, but the WP one is 3 whole punched, so you can add pages if you run out of room.

BTW the MOH 1 yahoo group has a ton of pictures of timelines done after the sewing board fashion, and the files have free color figures, and basic black and white figures.

Heather

Thanks! This was very helpful. I'll look into the yahoo group, too.