Menu

Do dry dog treats get stale?

That's up to the dog to determine. :tongue_smilie:

If they start turning up their nose or taking them with mere politeness, you can resuscitate stale cookies by putting them in a sealed container with just a few tasty tidbits like: stinky sausage, bacon bits, the 'crumbs' out of the roasting pan, a bit of pan drippings etc. Toss it around a bit & let it sit for a day or 2. The aroma will permeate the stale cookies. You only need small slivers of the stuff, so long as it's stinky and yummy.

Keep resuscitated cookies in the freezer if they won't be consumed within a week or two because the fresh fats you've put in will go rancid.

My dogs don't care btw & will cheerfully eat the most foul & rancid stuff but I don't like the smell of rancid grease on my hands.

I don't use cookies much as my guys are mostly carb free (I make my own tiny training treats - about the size of mini marshmallows) but I have a stash of bigger cookies in the car for catching stray dogs & I rotate through them so they stay reasonably stinky.