Menu

Decorating/Flooring question....

We are going to be putting in new flooring to replace our carpet (PTL!!), but I have concerns about choosing the right color. We are going to get the faux hardwood that is glueless and clicks together. We had real hardwood at our old house and with dogs and boys, I just don't want real again! Anyway, I am wondering if I can put a medium or dark cherry color on the floor that will meet a mocha/marbled colored tiled floor in the kitchen and in the kitchen the cabinets are oak. We have a dark brown/black granite on the countertops. Also, all my baseboards and crown molding are white as well as the fireplace mantle. Is it ok to do that or do I have to stick with an oak color on the floor? I think I have heard it is ok to mix woods, but I don't want to make a mistake.

I have also heard it is okay to mix woods.

We used a cherry wood color floor from Costco - I think Harmonies was the name. The installation, (DIY) and floor were great, but the color was not. There was something about the red tone that they used that made the color hard to match. The carpet on the stairs, beige, and the paint on the wall, pale yellow, all clashed with the floor. I remember thinking if I put a Pergo floor in again I would go with a brownish color, rather than redish.

Do you have a friend or neighbor that can give you their opinion? If not sometimes the stores will send a color person out for an extra $50.

Congrats on your new floor!

I have also heard it is okay to mix woods.

We used a cherry wood color floor from Costco - I think Harmonies was the name. The installation, (DIY) and floor were great, but the color was not. There was something about the red tone that they used that made the color hard to match. The carpet on the stairs, beige, and the paint on the wall, pale yellow, all clashed with the floor. I remember thinking if I put a Pergo floor in again I would go with a brownish color, rather than redish.

Do you have a friend or neighbor that can give you their opinion? If not sometimes the stores will send a color person out for an extra $50.

Congrats on your new floor!

Is "color person" their title? LOL- I am just wondering......I think we are going to use Lumber Liquidators....I wonder if they have someone that does that??

I have Googled images and found a couple of pictures that show oak cabinets and cherry floors right up against each other and it looks great. However, I am just wondering if my tile in the mix messes it up or if it will be ok.