Menu

Introduction and question

It's been a long time since I've been here. I homeschooled my two daughters about seven years ago, but was forced to put them back in school by my ex. One is now a sophomore in college, the youngest is graduating HS this year and both girls are doing well.

I've since married a wonderful Christian man who whole-heartedly supports the idea of homeschooling our now one-year-old son!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!! :-). Can I say that again?? :-).

Joey was born six weeks early with some internal birth defects. Though he is a year old, he seems more like a 6-8 month old in gross motor development. Cognitively, he is on target for his age.

I've already started reading good books to him and he loves music. Any more ideas on how I can help him learn more about his world?

Gosh, it's so nice to be back!

Annie

It's been a long time since I've been here. I homeschooled my two daughters about seven years ago, but was forced to put them back in school by my ex. One is now a sophomore in college, the youngest is graduating HS this year and both girls are doing well.

I've since married a wonderful Christian man who whole-heartedly supports the idea of homeschooling our now one-year-old son!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!! :-). Can I say that again?? :-).

Joey was born six weeks early with some internal birth defects. Though he is a year old, he seems more like a 6-8 month old in gross motor development. Cognitively, he is on target for his age.

I've already started reading good books to him and he loves music. Any more ideas on how I can help him learn more about his world?

Gosh, it's so nice to be back!

Annie

Very exciting for you!!! Seven years ago when I found out I was pregnant I told my husband I wanted to hs. Here I was with a bun in the oven and all I could think about was what I was going to teach the little bean. LOL

My advice: Read. Get him a ton of board books. Keep a couple in the crib for him to look at in the morning. Talk about everything to him, and I mean everything. Both my daughters have great vocabularies. I've been told this is probably because we never baby talked to them. Point things out to him. He may not have a clue what you are talking about but things click for them quickly. You said he loves music, try playing tons of classical and older people music. My dds love kids music but they also enjoy listening to a vast majority of classical and even some neo-opera stuff (Charlotte Church, Il Divo, etc.) Most of all, be enthusiastic yourself about learning. If he sees you excited about learning new things, he'll want to learn too.

Have Fun:D