Menu

I would LOVE to get a Wii for our family this Christmas...

I'm trying to find one that's affordable--so far, not working out very well.

Can anyone tell me the best place to look online and what's a good price for one? Here they cost about $500 (electronics are super expensive here) and that's WAAAAAAAAAY out of budget! I get some money from dh's family for Christmas and wondered about using that. Also, does it come with games? What about extra thingys to play with? How many come with a Wii? We have 5 people in our family and I would love to get at least 3 thingys. (I'm video game lingo challenged, can you tell?)

I was just wondering if this is possible? My dc would LOVE it!

I don't have any suggestions on where to buy one (I shop for everything on Amazon.com), but I will tell you, it comes with Wii Sports (bowling, tennis, golf, baseball), one Wii-mote (the thing you play with), and one nunchuck (you plug it in to the Wiimote to play certain games, like boxing). You can buy up to 3 additional Wiimotes, but they cost about $40 each in the States (additional Nunchucks are $20 each).

Edited by bonniebeth4

In the states, the Wii is typically $249...only recently I've seen a few stores selling it for $199. As pp said, it usually comes with Wii Sports (which has several sport games--baseball, tennis, bowling, boxing) and one remote & nunchuck. If you buy the game Wii Play, you can get another remote with it--that's how we bought it and it was cheaper.

I'd imagine you can get it online at a lot of different places--Walmart.com, Target.com, Best Buy, etc. Hopefully someone else has some more info about that for you.

For our family of 6, we only have two remotes, but we all just take turns playing and it works out fine. In case you're interested, our family favorites are the Outdoor Adventure & Disney Dance Dance Revolution--both get lots of movement out of all of us! These two games are a bit more expensive than other games (around $60, I think) because they come with mats that you lay out on the floor & dance/jump/run on.

ETA: I just noticed there is another thread started this morning about someone buying a Wii bundle (Wii console + additional game) on Amazon for a good price. You might want to check that out!

Edited by cougarmom4