Menu

Today's Challenge: I need a dessert recipe

... that doesn't use wheat flour, cane sugar, HFCS, or yeast. A good friend of mine cannot eat any of these things, and I gave her the recipe for the one dessert I have that does not contain these ingredients and she prepares it for herself all the time, so when we get together next month, I want to be able to make something new for her. Any ideas? TIA

How about a fruit crisp? You could use oats, nuts, spices and honey for the topping. I make this all the time for myself. Also flan or custard thickened with cornstach and sweetend with honey, maple syrup or agave syrup might work, top it off with fresh berries?

Edited by sarahf.

How about a fruit crisp? You could use oats, nuts, spices and honey for the topping. I make this all the time for myself. Also flan or custard thickened with cornstach and sweetend with honey, maple syrup or agave syrup might work, top it off with fresh berries?

Great idea! Thanks.

I didn't even think of crisp since the only crisp topping I know how to make has flour in it, but I could grind up some of the oats into a course flour to add some density to the topping.

Thanks again!