Menu

Anyone got a job for...

Darling, if there is a job for nasty, horrible old woman, there's one for you too! You can't be such a loser if you've got this far in life. Have you ever read The Alchemist by Paulo Cohelo? By his theory, this happened because life was sick of seeing you in the wrong job and neglecting the right job. Now you have no excuses for neglecting the right job, because you don't have a wrong job. You'll probably go on to be brilliant at something else, and decide nasty, horrible old woman must have been an angel in disguise. Some of us wouldn't listen to an angel if they looked like one, so obviously an angel who looked like one wouldn't bother running into our lives. I'm sure they don't like failure any more than the rest of us.

;)

Rosie

Darling, if there is a job for nasty, horrible old woman, there's one for you too! You can't be such a loser if you've got this far in life. Have you ever read The Alchemist by Paulo Cohelo? By his theory, this happened because life was sick of seeing you in the wrong job and neglecting the right job. Now you have no excuses for neglecting the right job, because you don't have a wrong job. You'll probably go on to be brilliant at something else, and decide nasty, horrible old woman must have been an angel in disguise. Some of us wouldn't listen to an angel if they looked like one, so obviously an angel who looked like one wouldn't bother running into our lives. I'm sure they don't like failure any more than the rest of us.

;)

Rosie

You speak much wisdom, though I prefer to call that nasty, horrible old woman a HAG, but that's mean of me :)

I am going to the college tomorrow. I just spoke to DH, provided I get the scholarship, I'm starting school very soon--MedTech with emphasis on Phlebotomy it's looking like.

You speak much wisdom, though I prefer to call that nasty, horrible old woman a HAG, but that's mean of me :)

quote]

Ah, but hags were traditionally holders of much wisdom, which supports my angel in disguise theory. ;)

Good luck in your properly chosen career!!

Rosie

I am going to the college tomorrow. I just spoke to DH, provided I get the scholarship, I'm starting school very soon--MedTech with emphasis on Phlebotomy it's looking like.

Toni, I seriously think this will be perfect for you. I discovered, in my stint as a medical office worker, that I was a "natural" at phlebotomy. Giving shots made me nervous, but I didn't mind drawing -- not even the "tough sticks". Go figure.

It was rewarding, because a lot of patients had such bad experiences, and when I was able to take the required blood sample without causing them a lot of pain, they were so relieved and appreciative. It really made a difference in their day, KWIM? Being sick is scary and insulting enough, without having to endure an incompetent stick. And somehow, I just really, really, really have a hunch that you're going to be very good at this.

And then, there's the whole goth/blood/vampire thing, which we don't even have to try to explain (although people who know me IRL would never guess . . . ) Anyway. There's that. Or maybe that's just me, and you're scratching your head going "hunh?". In which case, never mind.

Best wishes to you! I think you've hit on a brilliant idea for education and career.