Menu

Jacob's Geometry in 8th?

If I have a strong math student do you think Jacob's Geometry is doable in 8th? He hasn't had formal logic yet, but will begin it next year. He is doing Jacob's Elementary Algebra currently and it works just fine for him. I'm just wondering if the proofs of Geometry are too tough for an 8th grader. Before Jacob's Algebra he completed the entire Singapore Primary Mathematics series, and half of NEM 1. I decided to go into Jacobs and there hasn't been anything that has really stumped him so far. I'm a math major, but I don't think I really had a deep understanding of Geometric proofs myself in high school. I don't want my son to sail through just because he can mimic the concepts without full understanding, as I did. It made non Euclidean Geometry very difficult later on.

we had no problems. Our son was in 9th, so only 1 year older. The text is very much self-explanatory on the proofs in my opinion and the solutions guide has the complete proofs in it as well. We have not studied logic at all. I don't think you need it for this course to go well. :001_smile: