Menu

A Question for Omnibus users...

I am preparing to start Omnibus I soon with my dss 14 and I am searching out audiobook versions of as many of the book selections as possible. So far, I have been unable to find an audiobook version of David Ferry's Epic of Gilgamesh. I have, however, found a version by Stephen Mitchell that is available in audiobook form and I enjoyed the sample I heard. For those of you who have used or are using the Omnibus curriculum, how difficult is it to switch out versions of the recommended books and still be able to use Omnibus's guide for that book? If switching versions is inadvisable, would anyone happen to know where or if I could find an audiobook version of the David Ferry translation? Thanks for any help you can give on this matter.

I am preparing to start Omnibus I soon with my dss 14 and I am searching out audiobook versions of as many of the book selections as possible. So far, I have been unable to find an audiobook version of David Ferry's Epic of Gilgamesh. I have, however, found a version by Stephen Mitchell that is available in audiobook form and I enjoyed the sample I heard. For those of you who have used or are using the Omnibus curriculum, how difficult is it to switch out versions of the recommended books and still be able to use Omnibus's guide for that book? If switching versions is inadvisable, would anyone happen to know where or if I could find an audiobook version of the David Ferry translation? Thanks for any help you can give on this matter.

I've not found it difficult at all to switch out editions. Omnibus generally references chapter numbers or line numbers, so it's not been a problem.

One suggestions about Gilgamesh: you will want to pre-listen. Translations of Gilgamesh vary wildy in terms of graphic s*xuality. Some translations are more discreet and use more Biblical language; others are much more graphic. Pre-listen/pre-read any version of Gilgamesh you use.

HTH.