Menu

Hands of a Child SuperMemberships

Closeacademy

I had a free 6-mo membership several years ago. I ended up renewing it for another year when they started throwing in a younger version on the same topic as the super member unit during many months. We used a number of our downloads during our membership time but not all of them. I didn't renew our membership since we still have quite a few units that we continue to work through. I just filed them on my pc under the appropriate topic. (I have folders set up for each of the 4 years in our Tapestry cycle plus for all the main school subjects.) When I'm planning our studies, I check to see what I might have and work it in.

This is our second year to be a super member. I received an e-mail with a discount code for 40% off anything, so I used that to purchase our current super membership. I like receiving the lapbooks each month. We don't use them immediately, but I keep them for a future time. For this school year, I have made an outline (schedule) for my younger daughter incorporating many existing lapbooks into her studies.

Pro's: With each purchase, you receive an automatic discount of at least 10%. (I can't remember the exact amount).

Your discount applies with additional discounts, so if you use a coupon code, you receive the coded amount then your super member discount on top of that.

You receive at least 12 lapbooks a year which sell for $15.

Most lapbooks are for younger students (preK-2) and then the same topic for older students (grades 3 and above).

Con's: You may not use these right away, so you would need to store them for a future time.

You may not like all of the topics that are being presented, so you may receive lapbooks that you will never use.

All in all, we really like them at my house and the super membership has been nice to have.

Hope this helps,

Lisa

We have the Lifetime Super Membership (we got it for a song when it was included in the 40% off sale). As others have said the membership books are released to the general public 2 months after Members get them.....and average $15-18 each (a few as high as $24). Below is the schedule for the rest of 2009, and the tenative schedule for 2010. A one year membership is $75 full price, so if you would likely buy just 5 of the below books in your 12 month membership you would break even.....and yet you'd still have all the others at your disposal for later use. Plus you get a 30% discount off any purchases...including off sale prices!

By the way...RIGHT NOW in the Super Member area is not only the October book, but July and September are there, so you'd actually get 14 months because you're free to download whatever is in there. (If July and September interest you, I'd purchase a membership immediately, as I can't recall them leaving this many month's up at once but I did just check and on Thursday, October 22 at 7am, all 5 books are there and have been since the posted the October books a week ago).

July: Preparing for Poetry; A Peek at Poetry & Poets

September: George Washington Carver

October: Playtime Around the World, World Cultures

November: Citizenship

December: Human Reproduction

2010 (for 2010 there will always be two books, the first is early elementary, the second is higher grades)

January: Learning to Live with Less; Great Depression

February: America the Beautiful; The Earth

March: One Celled Living Organisms; Living Organisms

April: A Look Insidea a Castle; Kingdoms of Western Europe

May: Snakes; Reptiles

June: Rain; The Water Cycle

August: Things that Go; Transportation Firsts

September: Knight Games; Kindgoms of Eastern Europe

October: Oceans, Lakes and Rivers; Lighthouses

November: Trees; Forest Fires

December: Who Invented That; Great Inventors & Their Inventions

Oh, and one other benefit of Super Membership.....you have access to all the co-op supplement activities. Hands of A Child does monthly co-ops where those joining the FREE co-ops work to add supplmental information (links, art, library books, science, preschool, math, etc) and the co-op work is available for download by Members. They have about 2 years worth of co-op stuff available for a wide range of the books, so if you already have several of their books, you might find co-op additions to use.

Edited by ConnieB