Menu

Language Arts Through Literature

wulfbourne

This just came out this year, so it's a long shot, but has anyone used or even looked at this book yet? It sounds really great and I'm wondering how good it is.

http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/language-lessons-through-literature-levels-1-2/7523697

Language Lessons through Literature, Levels 1 & 2

Intended for first and second grades, Language Lessons through Literature, Levels 1 & 2, is a beginning grammar program that focuses on teaching language arts gently and thoroughly through literature. Each level of this program has three lessons per week for thirty-six weeks, for a total of 108 lessons per year. Each lesson includes copywork, a literature selection to be read aloud, a poem, and an Aesop’s fable. Copywork selections are from the literature, the Bible, poems, and maxims. Each week includes a narration or a picture study. Literature selections include beloved children's classics such as The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, Peter Pan, and The Wind in the Willows. All literature selections are in the public domain in the United States. Optional workbooks are available for each level.

This just came out this year, so it's a long shot, but has anyone used or even looked at this book yet? It sounds really great and I'm wondering how good it is.

http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/language-lessons-through-literature-levels-1-2/7523697

Language Lessons through Literature, Levels 1 & 2

Intended for first and second grades, Language Lessons through Literature, Levels 1 & 2, is a beginning grammar program that focuses on teaching language arts gently and thoroughly through literature. Each level of this program has three lessons per week for thirty-six weeks, for a total of 108 lessons per year. Each lesson includes copywork, a literature selection to be read aloud, a poem, and an Aesop’s fable. Copywork selections are from the literature, the Bible, poems, and maxims. Each week includes a narration or a picture study. Literature selections include beloved children's classics such as The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, Peter Pan, and The Wind in the Willows. All literature selections are in the public domain in the United States. Optional workbooks are available for each level.

Yes, it looks good doesn't it? I'm pretty sure someone here is using it. I found it and then heard about it here, recently.