Menu

Blog/Digital Scrapbooking question

I'm trying to decide what it is I want to do. I have scrapbooked for years (although I'm still several years behind). Since all of my photos are digital, I figure it's time for me to make the switch from paper to digital.

Ideally, I'd like to create digital scrapbook pages (with cute backgrounds & graphics), have them available on a blog for faraway friends/family to view, and print them out into nice looking books...with the pages appearing as scrapbook pages typically would.

I've looked a little into blogging--and I have seen a few websites where you can print out your blog into a book...the one I looked closely at it seemed that when you print out, it is just white pages with photos and blog entries. I've seen a lot of fun backgrounds & graphics that make the blog look cute...but it seems when you change it, they all change? Is that right? Do the graphics change all of the pages in the archive?

It seems to me that either I blog (which seems so easy & would be fun to do with photos & entries) or a I start digitally scrapbooking (which would also be fun, because I love the final product and love the backgrounds & graphics). Am I missing something...or is there a way to combine both?

Forgive me if I sound totally clueless!

I really like Shutterfly. I uploaded all my digital photos, created cute albums from lots of choices and then they have a share option in which you can share the albums plus add additional information - like a personal blog. I thought the whole thing worked rather smoothly!

Check out http://www.designerdigitals.com/digital-scrapbooking/community/

Lots of the members there make books and blog.

You can digi scrap, and then post your pages to your blog. When you have all of your pages done you can send them off to make into a book. I think that there are lots of ways to combine both activities, but I do NOT think a blog printing service (like blurb) is your best bet.

Edited by Caraway

I really like Shutterfly. I uploaded all my digital photos, created cute albums from lots of choices and then they have a share option in which you can share the albums plus add additional information - like a personal blog. I thought the whole thing worked rather smoothly!

:iagree: I'm sold on Shutterfly. I like having all my photos archived there in case something happens to my comptuer. I can also send photos to my mother (across the country) with captions on the back for a very reasonable price. She loves opening her mailbox and getting photos. Also, they're forever sending coupons, so I can wait until print photos are on sale.

I do a photobook every summer. I have a family share site, and I've shared photobooks with others. If you have a lot of time and more patients that I, you can use Shutterfly to digitally scrapbook using a program like PhotoShop.

I've gotten enlargements from Shutterfly and am always pleased with the photo quality.

Check out Heritage Makers also. Their quality is very high compared to shutterfly and snapfish, but their books last, and you can re-order more copies whenever.

Shutterfly lets one reorder books anytime after the first order, too. And lets the original photobook maker share with others, then the others can order the exact book, or change a bit to suit then order.

I really appreciate the suggestions...I will look a bit more into these.

I spent too much of my afternoon checking out smilebox.com. It was very easy to put my pictures into cute scrapbook pages and I can easily post it on facebook or a blog. Now I just have to figure out the best place to print, if this is the route I decide to go.

Guest chrissi1

You can do both!

I digitally scrap and them I post my layouts to an online gallery. I also upload my layouts to flickr and to facebook.

I also blog and will often showcase a special layout over there too.