Menu

Elem. Greek: Any tests or quizzes available (official or unofficial)?

profmom

We love EG here, but I think quizzes and/or tests would be very beneficial. Does anyone know if any are available? If not official tests or quizzes, has anyone made some for their own families that you like to share (or is there a Yahoo group with a "files" section, etc.)?

Well, Sarah, there are apparently no test or quizzes available! I plan to make my own basic weekly quizzes -- having the 3 of us studying EG here write out the Greek for the new vocabulary, verses, and grammar forms (based on the weekly quizzes in LC1), plus a past paradigm for review. I gave a quiz on Monday (working from the English I had jotted down on a Barnes & Noble napkin the night before :) ), and it worked out well. I think these will motivate us to take our studying to a new level. I'm not sure yet about making tests for us -- we'll see. Maybe the review lessons could serve as tests, but I haven't looked at them with this in mind yet.

Wow, that is so unfortunate. I was seriously looking at the program, not realizing that it didn't have tests. Ugg. Thanks for bringing it up. At least is good to know ahead of time! :001_smile: How are you liking the program otherwise?

Actually, we love it!! It's so easy to use and has all the needed components -- workbook, text, flashcards, and audio CD -- except quizzes and tests. There is review built it, however -- throughout the weekly lessons and whole lessons dedicated to review every so often. I just think that adding quizzes and tests would make it stronger. I know I can add basic quizzes, but I'm not as sure about tests.

HTH!

Edited by profmom