Menu

Visualize World Geography ** Anyone Use the DVDs?

SonshineLearner

http://www.visualizeworldgeography.com/

Hi There,

I'm thinking of using this for our Co-op group and I wonder who else has used it. I have the book, but I'm thinking of getting the DVDs for our group.

Anyone??

Thanks!

Carrie

Carrie,

Bought it a couple years ago and it just wasn't my thing. What really put me of were two of the pictures used are of her children, which is a great memory tool for her kids, but we don't know them so not for my kids. It was just also a big silly for my type A don't want to look too stupid personality.

Heather

Carrie,

Bought it a couple years ago and it just wasn't my thing. What really put me of were two of the pictures used are of her children, which is a great memory tool for her kids, but we don't know them so not for my kids. It was just also a big silly for my type A don't want to look too stupid personality.

Heather

Heather,

Did you buy the DVDs or just the book?

Carrie:-)

Heather,

Did you buy the DVDs or just the book?

I don't know. I bought a set. I remember some sort of demonstration thing that could have been a video...I know I had audios of the sound too I think. The flag and I think map coloring book is what I bought it for, but after I really didn't love it I found a different source for flags. There was also a CD that had tons of info. That was directed more to High School age IMO.

It is possible she upgraded it since I bought it. When I asked her questions about what edition was which she was quick to respond and helpful.

Heather

A different program, but have you considered Mapping the World with Art? I bought it late this summer, and was so enamored of it that I started carrying it around with me and showing all of my local home schooling friends, lol. At least four or five of them ended up buying it, and one friend's family put together an impromptu co-op for working through it this year. We're only a few weeks in, but I can't tell you how much I love it! It's really delightful, simple to implement, and the kids really seem to be learning! I especially love the step-by-step drawing instructions for each map (there are print instructions and a dvd both included), but the coordinated history lessons have been great as an organizing principle, and the kids really enjoy the activities as well. I just can't speak highly enough of it -- and I think it's *very* reasonably priced for everything that's included.

It says it's targeted for 5th-10th grades. Our group is mostly middle schoolers, but includes several kids who are younger than that (down to age 7, though I'd say she's not typical), depending on ability to focus and pay attention. I certainly think the program could be adapted for a younger (2nd or 3rd grade) audience fairly easily...

I've bought so many geography / mapping curricula in the last few years, and been disappointed so many times over. This one has really been what I had *hoped* for with each of the others...

Anyone actually like Visualize World Geography? I looked at the link and it looks interesting. I don't want to buy something we won't use, and we have plenty of geography resources - but we love Geography and so I am always open to trying new things

Meryl

Anyone actually like Visualize World Geography? I looked at the link and it looks interesting. I don't want to buy something we won't use, and we have plenty of geography resources - but we love Geography and so I am always open to trying new things

Meryl

I've looked at the book and like it... and I think I'm gonna get the DVDs...for my group...next year. My kids walked around saying "Burrundi" "-) Of course, I'm not sure I spelled that correctly:-)