Menu

Need to find a spelling program that will coorilate with CLE LA 200

lovinmykids

I'm currently using CLE LA 2. I love that the spelling words go with what spelling rules or sounds you are working on for the week. BUT, the words are way to easy for my Dd. So, I would like to find or add different words that would be better.

Do you know of any spelling curriculum that is kind of set up like CLE LA 2 does it? I would just have to find the week that will match up with what spelling rule were working on for the week.

What are your thoughts on this?

Any advice?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

If I understand your question correctly, you're looking for a reference book (or program) that would give you new words to use with the spelling/phonics rule used in CLE. Is that right? If so, I would consider ABC's and All Their Trickshttp://www.amazon.com/ABCs-All-Their-Tricks-Reference/dp/0880621400/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1256217330&sr=1-1.

It lists words according to spelling/phonics rules, one page for each letter/sound, etc. It also groups words according to difficulty. I highly recommend it!:)

HTH

We're in the exact same dilemna... We're using CLE LA 200 with my 7 yro and the spelling isn't enough for us. I bought BJU Spelling 2, which is a workbook-style speller and I give my daughter a test every Friday (kinda like what they did in school).

Theeee problem with this solution is...my daughter is somewhere around a beginning-4th-grade reading level, so this is better than CLE, but still too easy for her... I'm kicking around the idea of flying her through the BJU speller and then starting her in 3rd grade spelling. I was checking out some sample pages on their website and that looks closer to her spelling level. Her reading level is above her spelling ability....:glare:

It's a dilemna when they are not following where they're supposed to be. :lol: I told her if she gets any further ahead in reading level, she's grounded. :auto: ROFL! :D