Menu

History programs for visual learners?

Greta

Spinning off from my thread about my dd's struggles....

I'm looking for a history book that will be more visually interesting for my daughter, something with lots of beautiful illustrations, maps, timelines, etc. and a little lighter on words.

Christian Liberty Press was mentioned, and I'm looking into that, but wanted to hear about other options as well. I'm also considering just sticking with what we're using (This Country of Ours and/or Our Island Story) but adding some picture books and/or an Usborne or Kingfisher history encyclopedia.

Can be secular or Christian, something for 4th grade (or 5th for next year). Any and all suggestions appreciated!

I've found that my visual learner really likes making timelines, coloring pictures about the period, doing projects and sometimes looking at books about periods.

Mostly she likes the notebook timelines and the coloring pages. She also likes paper dolls. Lapbooks also went well.

Just a few ideas. Not a curriculum but you can pull enough together on your own to make it work.:001_smile:

Just a few ideas. Not a curriculum but you can pull enough together on your own to make it work.:001_smile:

Great ideas. I can, and probably will, pull together enough on my own. But it's so nice when someone else has done all the work for you! :D

Winterpromise uses great books and has a lot of activities for visual learners.

Thanks! I'll check that out.