Menu

dd, 9th grade. said no to invite from teen queen bees

dd is extremely beautiful (not just my opinion, everyone even strangers that sees her says that to her) but she has never let it affect her, it is just the looks that she was born with, she is kiinda used to being stared at. Anyway, she said that the other day, a group of very pretty girls that are always telling dd how pretty she is, how they love her hair, etc asked dd to stop eating lunch with the usual gang of kids that she eats with and to start eating lunch with them. She said to me (Mom, these pretty girls are not really my friends and probably would ditch me after a while). She told them no, that she already has a group of friends that she eats with (nice, normal average kids) and she will continue to eat with that group.

I guess watching the movie "Mean Girls" paid off. I am proud of her for not being taken in by the queen bees and seeing them for what they are. She said she will still be friendly to them, just not too friendly to them.

Dd is in 9th grade and in her first year of attending an outside school instead of homeschooling.

oh, also on Tues. some of her friends came up to her and said "F wants to go out with you, will you go out with him?" She had no idea who F is and of course said no to going out with him. She is not interested in dating anyone. She just wants to be friends with both boys and girls.

Cadam, I like what you said about your sil. My dd's best guy friend (as in friend not boyfriend) is the leader of the Christian club. She likes that he does not hide being Christian as she says a lot of the kids at school do hide it. Dd does not hide the fact that she is Christian but many of the kids do. She has both Christian and non-Christian friends. She is just mainly going to stay away from any troublemakers or any hint of drugs, etc.