Menu

New Art: Grandmother the Clown and Me

I like the Albumen one best and then the Modern.

The picture is a gem, thanks for posting it.

I did a Sunday School class with a clown once and one of the kids was terrified of clowns and the mother raked me over the coals for doing the class. My thought was I had never heard of a child being afraid of a clown. I guess you learn something new every day....everyone is afraid of something. Personally I adore clowns!!!!!

;) I didn't put it on the site because it would have upset my mother--but I really believe my grandmother was my soul mate, kwim? Her and I are almost exactly alike in temperment, thoughts, etc... As much as I love my brother and dad, I miss her the most and she's been gone the longest.

I like the Albumen one best and then the Modern.

The picture is a gem, thanks for posting it.

I did a Sunday School class with a clown once and one of the kids was terrified of clowns and the mother raked me over the coals for doing the class. My thought was I had never heard of a child being afraid of a clown. I guess you learn something new every day....everyone is afraid of something. Personally I adore clowns!!!!!

Coulrophobia is a very real fear. I was told it happens because of the "mask" clowns wear--the fear of "what's underneath"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_of_clowns

Being raised around the circus, I could never understand it either--I just thought clowns were just another type of person ;)

Coulrophobia is a very real fear. I was told it happens because of the "mask" clowns wear--the fear of "what's underneath"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_of_clowns

Being raised around the circus, I could never understand it either--I just thought clowns were just another type of person ;)

Thanks for posting this. The fear makes sense to me now.

Thanks for posting this. The fear makes sense to me now.

no problem.. for those our age, the fear probably started with the original Bozo (the weatherman, not the one from WGN) as well as Bubbles and a few other "kid" shows "back in the day".

Hospitals don't even have clowns come anymore because of this fear... The Shriners do it, but the hospital makes sure kids who fear don't see because it's been known to send kids in full on attack modes.

It's sad really because Clowns really do make people smile. But no thanks to John Wayne Gacy in addition to what I just said, people fear them.