Menu

New with ? about Lial's BCM

mamaluvs2hs

Hi, I have a question about Lial's BCM. My 8th grade ds is a little behind in his math. He is just finishing up 7th grade math with Teaching textbooks and is scheduled to go into pre algebra next.

I am hoping to find something to get him caught up so that he'll be ready for Algebra next year,(9th grade).

I was thinking that I would use the BCM over the summer to review certain concepts ie: fractions, decimals and also do pre algebra with him so hopefully he would be ready to start Alg. fairly soon into his 9th grade year.

So on to my question.....Can someone tell me what chapter pre algebra begins in the BCM?

Does my plan sound feasible?

Thanks,

Mel

TT is really clear in it's explanations so I wouldn't think your plan would give you much trouble in that aspect.

I have a Lial's BCM book, solutions manual and DVT's I'd like to sell if you're interested. The student book does have writing in chaps 1, 2 and 3 which are basic math stuff. Chp 1 whole #s, X and div 2 fractions, 3 + and - fractions, 4 decimals, 5 ratio proportion, 6 percent, 7 measurement, 8 geometry, 9 basic alg, 10 statistics.

We didn't find it helpful for our particular situation because of the numerous problems and we were looking for more of a curricula for pre-algebra, something he could follow the plan and do a lesson per day. If you're looking for a review source it would work much better for you.

My edition is 6th but I don't think it really matters.

Stephanie

I am actually getting a copy of the book from another HS Mom when they get done with it. If I decide to go with that plan I may be interested in the dvt's, if you still have them. Thanks!

TT is really clear in it's explanations so I wouldn't think your plan would give you much trouble in that aspect.

I have a Lial's BCM book, solutions manual and DVT's I'd like to sell if you're interested. The student book does have writing in chaps 1, 2 and 3 which are basic math stuff. Chp 1 whole #s, X and div 2 fractions, 3 + and - fractions, 4 decimals, 5 ratio proportion, 6 percent, 7 measurement, 8 geometry, 9 basic alg, 10 statistics.

We didn't find it helpful for our particular situation because of the numerous problems and we were looking for more of a curricula for pre-algebra, something he could follow the plan and do a lesson per day. If you're looking for a review source it would work much better for you.

My edition is 6th but I don't think it really matters.

Stephanie