Menu

another Happy Phonics question

ProudGrandma

I am actually going to be starting some of the Happy Phonics stuff with my 7dd this coming week, but I haven't decided exactly where. I think I'll start a little bit easy and build up. She's not a really strong reader, and I am just going to use the games as a fun extra to reinforce stuff she has learned and help with some things she hasn't.

So, how's that for not exactly helpful. :tongue_smilie: If I were you, I'd start where you are pretty sure he'll "master" the games, and then move quickly through them until it seems like he is having a bit more of a challenge. The activities are pretty fun and quick, so I don't think you have anything to lose by approaching it this way.

I started using Happy Phonics with my 7yo DS. We just started at the beginning and I checked to make sure he was proficient in area and if he was we would move on. If he wasn't we would keep practicing in that area. You could probably skip the initial step which is the alphabet because if he's reading then he obviously knows the alphabet. This really worked for us because my son has some developmental delays and this allowed me to forge ahead and focus on areas that he needed more help on at same time.

Hopefully that makes sense.