Menu

Homeschool Buyers Co-op - Computer Phonics Programs?

Joy at Home

No experience w/ click n phonics, but my ds6 is enjoying ETC online. Seems just like the books, only on the computer. It's easy to navigate, even for a 6yo and the games/lessons are relatively enjoyable. Much seems to repeat, though, so after a while I can see him getting bored. Guess that's to be expected. We only use it as a supplement...3 days/wk or so or whenever he wants to "play". HTH.

I don't have experience with either of them. I have seen highly positive reviews of ETC Online on my dyslexia loops. Headsprout was wonderful for my dyslexic dd and well worth the price.

I haven't used Click-n-Read. It hasn't been mentioned on my dyslexia loops. The only times I've seen it compared to other programs, the price was praised. I have seen comparisons to Headsprout, but people who've used both have always posted that Headsprout was much better (which it should be, considering how much more it costs).