Menu

Apologies in advance...another Swine Flu thread

Can someone please clear this up for me? I had my children at the pediatricians office yesterday (a new ped., first visit) and I was inquiring about flu vaccines and specifically the Swine Flu vaccine. The pediatrician told me that the two are not seperate; that all flu shots will contain incorporated Swine Flu vaccine. Is that correct? I thought they were two seperate vaccines.

Can someone please clear this up for me? I had my children at the pediatricians office yesterday (a new ped., first visit) and I was inquiring about flu vaccines and specifically the Swine Flu vaccine. The pediatrician told me that the two are not seperate; that all flu shots will contain incorporated Swine Flu vaccine. Is that correct? I thought they were two seperate vaccines.

They are separate.

Edited by Perry

THey will be separate. At least at this time, that is the plan. You can start getting the regular flu shot in early to mid September. The H1N1 flu shot will hopfully be available late September and needs a second shot three weeks later to be effective. That means the earliest one can be potentially safe is in mid to late Oct. I am not sure we won't have a major problem before then. Japan, a northern hemisphere country with 4 seasons like us, is having a major spike of H1N1 right now.