Menu

"Jump In" users-how do you schedule it?

HappyGrace

This is our 3rd week into it and my girls haven't complained at all (I have 1 dd that ablosutely HATES writing!!! But she has done all her assignements independently, and not complained! YEAH!!!!). Anyway, I schedule one new "skill" per day 4 days per week. We are using this in combination w/ R&S English 7 (although we are just doing the grammar lessons, not the writing ones.)

For those who are using it, are you planning on using it for two years as suggested? I was thinking of using it for Gr. 7 and possibly Gr. 8 as well along with AG for grammar, but wasn't sure if it really would be a full two-year course.

I am. If you use the accompanying freewrite suggestions, I think it definitely would be 2 years worth. I may use some of those, but I'm actually planning on alternating units of Jump-In with some of Karen Andreola's Story Starters. But even if you didn't do the 10 min. writing plunges, there's more than a year's worth of work--I think there was 250 days worth?

Merry :-)

Yes, 250 days' worth.

I have to wait and see how dd's pace is to know how quickly/slowly we'll go through it. I'm doing it with a rising 4th grader who is pretty advanced-she's done IEW for two yrs already, and two yrs of Imitations in Writing before that, so we really needed to move on to some writing that is NOT imitative for awhile! She's really excited about the program. But we'll go as slowly as needed.