Menu

Anyone know where to go to look up the value of 1950 US bills?

My grandmother sent me a $10 bill for my birthday today. I noticed the bill is a practically new 1950 series E bill - from New York (B) and wondered if there is any value to it beyond the face value. I tried googling, but can't find a site that's easy to figure anything out. Does anyone know of a website to check? I'd hate to put it in circulation if it's a collectible, but I'm not a money collector, so I don't really see hanging on to it.

It IS rather interesting to look at since it's so different from other bills I've seen - esp recently.

Thanks! My search got me on Yahoo as well, but not that question. I think mine might have been too specific of a search...

Right now my oldest is thinking he might want it for his collection, so I might just swap it to him for a 'regular' 10. That way 'I' wouldn't feel guilty about spending it! He can spend it whenever he feels like it and I wouldn't know/care...

It was a nice extra 'treat' for my birthday just looking at it and comparing it to other older bills (not quite as old). My grandmother took it out of her safe to send it... it's probably been in there since the 50's! My grandfather never liked banks much - never trusted them after the depression - maybe not even before.