Menu

I have been unrealistic and over zealous in my homeshool

MIch elle

Spill the beans, please! What is LFBC Physical Science?

I was just thinking this afternoon how I miss the spell of an unused workbook - :lol:! I really hate them once they've gotten "messy" with writing, but brand new...just love them!

Really, anything that holds your hand enough to let you know "this is what you need to learn next" is good, right? So, use what works and enjoy!

I think LFBC stands for landmark freedom baptist curriculum.

Do you all feel like you've done this too (unrealistic/over zealous

I set end goals from the beginning, and then work towards those end goals.

When you have goals, you can evaluate which materials/methods might help you reach those goals or at least be a nice path for a while.

I overbuy because that is simply how I windowshop so I don't consider that overbuying.

I may keep it a while, then decide not to use it, etc., I don't think that's a negative or poor decision on my part. It is "the" decision.

I try to be realistic from the get-go though. The longer you do this, the more experience you have based on real-ity and you tend to become more real-istic.

I'm learn more towards apathetic ;) than overzealous, so that's not a problem here.

I don't do this to entertain the children or for my own entertainment, so being "bored" isn't a factor.

:seeya:

:seeya:

I have finally come to terms with the fact that my boys will probably never be the over-achieving little Brainiacs that I'd foreseen when we started homeschooling. I am dealing with reality -- their reality -- and doing my best to provide a solid all-around education. I indulge *my* likes by treating myself to one curriculum thing per semester that looks good and doing it *myself*. (This semester's Mom treat is Lightening Lit 7.) If my kids never get to it, then at least I've scratched my own itch ;)

Buy ONE thing for myself/year and that's IT! I buy too many.

Thanks for this thread Michelle, it's nice to know I'm not alone. I've pretty much abandoned everything that drew me to homeshcooling. We are a workbook family now and loving it!!! I don't even have the motivation to get back into our history cycle, and I can't even imagine how much money I've spent on that. I think all I need is a change of season though. It's been so great to finally have peace, and be able to let go of all those lofty unrealistic goals I had that were never us to begin with. I have quite a bit to sell as well and can't wait to get it out of here!