Menu

Anyone following the Afghani elections? Inspiring!

I just heard a news story on NPR this morning (yes, NPR...and I'm not a flaming liberal) about the elections going on right now in Afghanistan.

I know this is a dead horse beaten badly, but I'm just so inspired by the polling workers who have forded rivers whose bridges was blown up in a war to deliver ballots. The voters who have stood in line at 6:00 am for a chance to vote, and the those who brave the chance that a bomb might be waiting for them at the polling place. I know it isn't a perfect system over there, but I just had to share.

By the way, for those of you who pray, please pray for the safety for the citizens of Afghanistan and our troops today...I'm sure there are many who are NOT HAPPY that the elections are happening and will be targeting.

I wish we were as passionate about our privilege to vote in this country.

:iagree:Amen!

It drives me crazy to hear people decrying the political "machine" and their elected officials when they don't even bother to vote. I told my BIL exactly that after last election since I found out at 40 years old that he has never voted!