Menu

Just got Rosetta Stone German, and I'm starting to regret it

nukeswife

Ok,

There isn't much out there for German when it comes to elementary teaching if the parent isn't fluent.

I bought Rosetta Stone level 1 and just received it today. I can't get it to install.

If it's this hard just to get it on the darn computer maybe I should rethink things and just go with Spanish. I can easily get elementary programs that look really fun.

Anyone else get Rosetta Stone V3 for homeschool and have trouble getting it to install the language?

As a TOTAL aside, if you want to supplement Rosetta Stone, you should check out your library and see if they carry Muzzy German 1. It is a very good starter for introduction into the language.

I had thought of that, but despite living about 2 miles from the main branch of the library in my city it's not the greatest when it comes to kids stuff. The library is huge, 2 floors, but 50% is the "law library" and of the remaining half we're lucky if 10% of that is decent stuff for the kids. We barely use it because most of the books are literally falling apart. We tried audio books and most of the ones we'd get weren't usable because they were cracked etc. No amount of complaining seems to help things, but that's a whole other thread.

Thanks to all that suggested calling RS, but that was actually no help. After 40 minutes with them they still didn't know what was wrong and didn't offer to have me exchange it or anything, they're suggestion was to just keep trying it. Well I was pretty frustrated so I just put it away and was going to call this afternoon for a Return authorization, but before I did I thought maybe I'll just unistall the program and try to start from scratch. So far that seems to have worked, so I guess we'll give the program a go and see how we all like it.

I thought maybe I'll just unistall the program and try to start from scratch. So far that seems to have worked, so I guess we'll give the program a go and see how we all like it.

I was just going to suggest that :) I had to do that recently with some Critical Thinking Co. software and the second installation worked.