Menu

Wow, I finally finished some serious lesson planning!

Frontier Mom

After finding a link shared here, I finally got my brain around how I wanted to layout my SOTW 3 lesson plans for my three youngest.

I also put together literature lists based upon the recommendations in TWTM.

The only thing I have left is figuring out American History for my oldest which should be easy because I have the text and he will be reading a set number of pages per week.

If you would like to see them, click on the link in my siggy to my website: kristijohnsen.com, go to literature and click on the name to get to the pdf file.

Thanks for the help here. Got my mind racing!!

Yep, and I just stopped by Barnes & Noble and they have the Classic Starts hardback books on sale for 3 for $9.99. I picked up 9!!

I also picked up a couple of "Painless..." books. I have "Painless Grammar" but picked up "Painless Study Techniques" and "Painless Writing." Love these books for middle and high school ages. Gives great and simple guidance and examples. Great reference tools.

Though my history planning may be too extensive, I am always unable to get much done if I don't have a clear plan for accomplishing things.

I HAVE WRITER'S BLOCK!!!:banghead:

Or lesson planner's block, whichever you prefer.

Kudos! Thanks for the link!

Dorinda

Been there, done that! I could not get a handle on how I wanted to lay out SOTW 3 for younger three since they are at differing levels. Also, my older two have not done outlining so I am hoping they can start at certain levels for spines and then maybe move to more advanced as the year progresses. By having all the resource pages together, I can actually be very flexible.

I HAVE WRITER'S BLOCK!!!:banghead:

Or lesson planner's block, whichever you prefer.

Kudos! Thanks for the link!

Dorinda

I find laying it all out on the living room floor with ALL the books you plan to use or could possibly use for that subject spread out around you is what works for me. I take my spine(s) for that subject and divide by how many weeks/days that subject is to be done. Once you figure this out for each spine and each resource/project/additional reading book, jot it down on a post-it note and put it on the front of the book. That way you don't have to keep re-counting & dividing. Then I simply have a spiral paper notebook that starts with "Day 1". I write down the page #'s to do for the main textbook or spine(s), then add which labs, projects, additional reading, etc. underneath by writing the book title & which pages to find it on. If I have an idea for an activity or know a related website that isn't in a book, I jot that down too. If there are books that you know you want to use but are planning on getting them from the library (from a list in your main text or somewhere else), you'll need to gather all those titles & check your library's system to make sure they have them all. Ones they have you can put on hold a week or 2 in advance, but make note of it in your lesson plans. Ones they don't have, ask them to order.

There's my "system", if you can call it that. I'm just a beginner at this though - I come from an open-and-go Abeka background, so I'm sure there's got to be a more tech-savvy & refined way of doing it. Check out acara's links in her siggy. They are helping me alot.

HTH!

Edited by Annabel Lee