Menu

Seemingly weather-related, chronic pain....

I am probably the only person in the state of GA who is mourning the rain - LOL!

I am fairly certain after tracking my chronic pain and the barometer for the last 8 months or so, that there is a direct correlation between the air pressure and the pain. It may also be related to old, old injury.

I also know I have spent tens of thousands of dollars in the past 17 years trying to ameliorate this pain with chiropractic, massage, diet, exercise, all sorts of herbs, vitamins, juices, and TMJ "treatments". (Basically, all the money we *should* have put into retirement.)

I have sworn to myself I will Never, ever again spend money on this - other than over-the-counter medicine. I do NOT want to see another "alternative medicine provider".

But these past two weeks, I have seriously wanted to just get drunk off my gourd and forget that I'm alive! (I don't drink) I have taken three Aleve every 12 hours for the past 2 1/2 days, and it hasn't touched the pain.

I just don't know where to turn....any ideas? We are in metro-Atlanta if that helps.

Thanks,

Rhonda

Have you tried going here, which may be covered by your health insurance:

http://www.emoryhealthcare.org/departments/pain_management/index.html

Also, Aleve didn't work for me when I had severe pain from tendonitis. I tried Motrin, Tylenol and aspirin, too. In the end, the only thing that worked was Percocet, which is a prescription drug.

If you are ready to embark on drunkenness (in theory only, I understand), then your pain must be severe enough to warrant a visit to an M.D. Personally, I would go to a university-affiliated hospital or clinic because I find they have the most up-to-date diagnostic and pain management services. I used to live in Atlanta, so I linked to Emory because I'm familiar with the medical center there. I don't know if there are other places you can go to in metro Atlanta.

I think you need to find out exactly what is causing the pain and whether the cause can be successfully treated.

My knees hurt a lot of the time, and especially when the weather changes, or it rains or snows. The only reason I haven't seen an M.D. about it is that I can handle the pain. If it became severe and aspirin, Motrin, or Tylenol didn't work, I'd see my physician about it pronto.