Menu

Homescholing works!

Another thread on this point. Sorry, but I have to brag. :)

Eldest dd was here the other day and needed to calculate something (percentages). She was wandering around the house moaning that there wasn't a working calculator in the place. I should point out here that eldest is in her 20's and wasn't homeschooled (didn't know about it then). She was identified as Gifted at school, and passed university entrance maths. She is, in my opinion, funtionally innumerate without her calculator.

Ds (13) identified as LD at school, taken out at 8 with no reading or maths skills to mention, asks to see what she is trying to work out. Sees it is within his skills, and offers to do it for her. And does. Correctly!

I know my son is 'behind' in many areas, but I bet he is 'ahead' of where he would be in school, and I bet he will catch up by the age of 18. And if he was in school, people would be saying (OK MIL would be saying) 'never mind, he tries his best' and because he is at home she says 'you need to put him in school so he catches up!' ;)

Willow