Menu

RE:Rod and staff english 6 and 7 users..

caryn

Hi,

I would like to know if anyone have used Rod and Staff english 6 and 7.

Is it possible to go to R & S 7 if you have not finished R & S 6? Are the grammar instructions are similar that I can start 7 right away?

Caryn

R&S-7 reviews R&S-6 so quickly, I think it is assumed that everything in 6 is mastered. I don't think *I* could have grasped 7 without having studied 6. And, 7 quickly moves into more advanced grammar (very difficult!).

fwiw, R&S-8 concentrates on writing and introduces persuasive essays, but the grammar is almost all review of R&S-7.

R&S-7 reviews R&S-6 so quickly, I think it is assumed that everything in 6 is mastered. I don't think *I* could have grasped 7 without having studied 6. And, 7 quickly moves into more advanced grammar (very difficult!).

fwiw, R&S-8 concentrates on writing and introduces persuasive essays, but the grammar is almost all review of R&S-7.

:iagree:

For what it's worth, my dd 9th grade is going to do R&S 7 this year. We did 5th in 7th grade...

but the grammar portion is right on grade level IMHO.

:iagree: That's what we did with ds15. He was in 9th grade this past year and did R&S 7. We did other writing, so just did the grammar, and it was right on his level, so worked out well.

The thing he had the hardest time with? The last chapter---on punctuation! :glare::001_huh: Over the years he's struggled with that for some reason, but the rest of the stuff he got! :tongue_smilie:

Anyway, I wouldn't skip any of Level 6. Level 7 is tough! As a PP said, the 8th grade book is a good amount of review of the 7th grade book. That's where she could catch up more if needed!