Menu

If you have TOG Year 4 DE, I have a request.

Rhonda in TX

I am running into a strange problem. Week 6, page 42 (in Teacher's Notes) won't print. I printed page 43 (and other pages) with no problem. I also found that page 41 won't print, but I didn't try any others. I have posted this problem on the TOG forum. Ray says that it prints on his printer, but very, very slowly. Mine just spits out a blank sheet of paper. It doesn't even try to print.

SO... If you have this, would you be willing to try to print page 42 (or let me know if you have printed it)? I'm wondering if it's a problem with my printer. If you try, I'd be interested in knowing the following:

did it print?

PC or Mac?

color or b/w?

type of printer?

I'm on a Mac. I was trying to print in color. I have an HP C7100 All-in-One.

UPDATE: Problem solved. See post below.

Thanks for any help!

Edited by Rhonda in TX
problem solved

They can lock it out in the Mac print driver too? HMPH. That is how i print so much that is locked in other apps.....

It sounds like there is something mucked on that page if it is printing slow for them too. So many things can muck up printing (i used to write at the code level for forms, YUCK! LOL!!), that it could be a simple empty test box....

OK, well, hopefully someone else with it can figure it out.

OH, did you try it from parallels too? Is it the same for you on both sides?

Oh gee, you can't use it on both? See how much i paid attention to the product AFTER it was announced! I just ASSumed that you got both versions in one.....

OK, well, can they send you just that page? i'm going to go with a corrupt/issue with that block of pages. Then i'll shut up! LOL!!

As an aside - do they let you "cross platform" for free? Not that i can see going mac to pc - but gee, it happens!

I don't have year 4 yet, but any time I have problems I e-mail Ray. :D

Heather

(Actually, I posted on the TOG forum, but Ray responded to that.) That's the "Ray" I mention up top. He's great, and very helpful, but I'm hoping to find out if anyone else has run into the problem.

(Actually, I posted on the TOG forum, but Ray responded to that.) That's the "Ray" I mention up top. He's great, and very helpful, but I'm hoping to find out if anyone else has run into the problem.

You see I speed read and missed the reference to Ray, oops! :blink:

I am jealous that you have DE year 4 though (note I am doing classic year 4 right now). :D I really am of no help at all am I? :smilielol5:

Heather

Rhonda,

I tried it out and it printed fine on mine. I have the PC version and it printed on an HP6100. It looks like it would have printed out in color except I ran out of yellow so I had to choose black and white. It didn't take long to print for me.

hth

Kerri

Rhonda,

I tried it out and it printed fine on mine. I have the PC version and it printed on an HP6100. It looks like it would have printed out in color except I ran out of yellow so I had to choose black and white. It didn't take long to print for me.

hth

Kerri

It looks like it would have printed in color? Did it start to print, then run out of ink?

We finally figured out that the problem was with some of the images on the pages that wouldn't print. Our printer could not handle it in postscript mode (which is how the Mac communicates with our printer), so it would not print it. Since we run Parallels on our Mac, Ray was able to send me a PC LockLizard license. I ran the DE on Parallels and the page printed with no problem. I am happy now. :D

Thanks for everyone's replies and help. You did help us narrow down the problem.