Menu

I need adult birthday party input

My sisters and I are hosting a ladies lunch tomorrow to honor my mother's 70the birthday. I have a private room at a really nice restaurant. The guests are us and her closest friends.

I am taking a cake from a bakery, which the restaurant will serve for a cutting fee.

Otherwise we are just having people order off the menu because it seemed better to us than trying to have a set menu. I am splitting the cost with my sisters.

Do you think we should arrange in advance for (1) wine with lunch or (2) a few bottles of champagne with the cake? Or should we ask if our guest would like that? I'm not sure if most women would drink at lunch. My sister and I are all sort of flexible, so I just want to know what you all would expect as guest.

I don't want to make it akward by asking if people want to order a glass because they will all say "No" because they are the kind of friends who won't want to spend our money, lol. But at the same time, I don't want people to feel obligated to drink at lunch.

These women would mostly all be people who normally would be drinkers at dinner. But lunch?

Survey says?

What a nice thing that you are doing for your mom.

I don't think you need wine or champagne. I had never been offered either at a lunch event. I think ice tea with lunch and some coffee with the cake would be perfect.

Have a great time! Your mom is going to feel so honored.