Menu

This 4-H sewing project will be the death of me (or her)

My daughter has been known to finish the hand-sewing (hems, buttons) on the way to the competition. :driving:

Our events day is in March, this year my 15yo sewed a bright orange trench coat (fully lined, with inset pockets) and a Project Runway dress. She has used the outfit since as business attire at teen court.

I do not help her unless she asks for advice (almost never), she prefers to figure it out for herself.

I am always astounded at what she makes and flabbergasted that she meets the deadline.:lol:

My daughter has been known to finish the hand-sewing (hems, buttons) on the way to the competition. :driving:

Our events day is in March, this year my 15yo sewed a bright orange trench coat (fully lined, with inset pockets) and a Project Runway dress. She has used the outfit since as business attire at teen court.

I do not help her unless she asks for advice (almost never), she prefers to figure it out for herself.

I am always astounded at what she makes and flabbergasted that she meets the deadline.:lol:

Your dd sounds so talented! This is my dd's (11yo) 3rd sewing project. I've seen tremendous improvement in her skills each year. I hope she can get to where your 15yo is!

At 2:00 on Sunday, I told dd that if she didn't get the last minute details done on her photography project, she would not be allowed to take it to judging Monday morning. When she complained that I wasn't giving her any input, I reminded her none too gently that the time for her input was well past--had ended last week as a matter of fact! So I don't care if she would rather do page 15 before page 13. I want 13 done and I want it done right now!!!

And now the little darling has managed to get invited to take one of her projects to the State Fair. I'm not sure my nerves can take this for another 3 weeks!