Menu

apologia astronomy notebook

fleischdoc

I am planning on Apologia astronomy with my 6th grader (advanced) and 3rd grader (average to sl behind in writing) and was considering using the notebook the author has created. It looks like it has lots of neat activities, and keeps everything in one place. I am concerned that it may be too hard for my 3rd grader, or too easy for my 6th-has anyone used them and have an opinion?

Lisa in Missouri

mom of 4 -11, 8 and 2 yr old twinados

Greetings,

I will also have a 6/7th grader, and a 2nd grader.

My plan is to have the older ds use the notebook independently. At the beginning there is a lesson plan, using a 2 day week. I think this will be a great opportunity for him to be independent. There's a spot in the journal for all of the recommended activities, and even some extra suggestions. My ds doesn't work well independently - so this will be a great learning opportunity for him. My ds likes science, but he also likes to have fun, so I think it will be perfect for him.

My rising 2nd grader ds would not be able to do all of the activities, so I didn't bother purchasing for him. So, my plan is to just look over it and choose some for him to do in a regular notebook - perhaps a scrapbook type notebook. Also, there are lots of mini-book type activities, and I don't think my ds will like those (he hates lapbooking). Oh.... if I had any daughters, things might be different LOL!

Hope that helps!

-vanessa