Menu

Growing with Grammar? FLL3?

corbie

I am using WWE with my 3rd grader and want to start her on grammar as well. She has been using LLATL Yellow. She has been using LLATL since Blue Book, which worked very well for teaching her how to read. However, I'm not so happy with it now. It's very light on grammar. Anyway, I was looking at GWG or FLL3. I know FFL3 would be a good program, but I also think there will be some overlap with WWE (narration/dictation). I own R&S English 3, but it is not really a good fit for this dd. It might work if I did it orally with her, but she wouldn't like it. She's a strong reader, knows basic parts of speech and punctuation.

Thanks for any input. :001_smile:

Deana - Thanks for your response. Did you do the narration/dictation in FLL as well as WWE or skip it in FLL? From the samples, it looks like there might be duplicate exercises, not the exact same, but similar. Do they line up together? (one lesson corresponds to the other) I wish I could look at a real live copy of either one. Anyway, thanks!

well, I used it w/FLL4 and I don't recall having to skip very much at all. Since we do narrations w/history also, I often skip it when it comes up in FLL. It just didn't seem like it came up very often. FLL4 had a lot of diagramming focus...not much dictation/narration. Sorry, I can't remember FLL3 that well.

Deana - Thanks for your response. Did you do the narration/dictation in FLL as well as WWE or skip it in FLL? From the samples, it looks like there might be duplicate exercises, not the exact same, but similar. Do they line up together? (one lesson corresponds to the other) I wish I could look at a real live copy of either one. Anyway, thanks!