Menu

What do you use to carry/hold your books while car school?

We will be in the car 2 days a week.

Ds and Dd will have a number of books and dvd's.

What do you use to hold your books so they aren't sliding all around the car?

I have tried book bags, but they have to take everything out or they forget to zip the bag and the books fall out. Also they will have quite a number of books with them.

I can't use a milk crate because we have a small car and it would be packed.

Any thoughts????

How about a laptop bag? There are small pockets for calculators, post-its, etc., mesh pockets, pencil/pen slips, folder pockets and the main compartment. Also, maybe a video camera bag. since your car is small I would try to find a bag that works. Otherwise, I would use a crate or small box with a lid.

HTH!

Not sure how this compares to a milk crate - I think it would be smaller. But this is what we use to store our school books on the bookcase at home and when we need to carschool, we just grab them and go. Don't be discouraged by the low rating one person gave it - she lost the plug and can't find a replacement. I wouldn't think you'd need the plug for school books.:D

http://www.rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid/product/product.jhtml;jsessionid=U0JWI5JCJ1Q34CQIUBSCIIQKBCQHQJCK?prodId=HPProd180006

Oy. It brings back scary memories of my father deciding to "car-school" me in German while he drove with a German book propped up on the steering-wheel.

Scared me to death :D

After anguished pleading on my part he finally quit. I didn't learn much German but at least I survived :tongue_smilie:

Bill

I use those new soft boxes that are available now. I don't know what they're called. They're made of some sort of strong material and are collapsible. They come in different colors. They have a pull tab on one side as they're made for shelf storage. My son also uses either a clipboard or a lap board if he'll be doing any writing in the car.