Menu

Could someone turn off the wind?

Man it has been windy for days. Last night it was raining and we had thunder and lightning storms. I thought the house was going to blow apart. Our siding is just constantly rattling. We are used to some wind. We live very close to the ocean, and I can literally count on two hands the number of calm days we have a year. But man this is very gusty and nasty wind. I always feel bad for the ponies at Assateague(about 10 mintues from us) when we have weather like this, it must be just miserable for them.

But we tend to have very high winds in our area for quite a bit of the year. March and October are the worst. Our house also occasionally sounds like it's going to blow apart. Sometimes a really intense gust actually scares me!

I sometimes feel bad for all the small birds that visit our feeders. They must really have to huddle down and hold on tight in those high winds!

Very windy here today too.

Michelle T

The winds were so strong that I thought the windows were going to blow out. They rattled and the wind howled, like out of a suspense novel.

There are branches and debris all over the yard and our wet spots look like small ponds. There are little pieces of slate all over our yard from the roof.

We are supposed to get more rain over the next few days. I hope the large amount of rain is good for the garden this year!