Menu

Anyone Use Homeschool Tracker?

We are moving to a state (NY) that requires quarterly filing etc.- far more paperwork than I've had in WA. This software came up in my searches. I have only one dd, it seems geared toward multiple children. I like the idea of tracking over the years and the many forms available for printing. At any rate not sure if the expense and time needed to enter in info would actually make life easier. Thank you.

have you thought about downloading the free version just for a trial run? i've been using it for a few years now for my elementary student and i really like it, though i have nothing to compare it to, as it is all i have used.

i was told the paid version offered options like weighting grades, which is something i don't need at this point. not sure what else comes w/ the paid version.

Can the free version do a quarterly report?

I have used Homeschool Tracker, the free version, for 2 years now and I love it.

I went from living in New Jersey where there are no regulations, to PA where I feel I am reporting what we eat for lunch. Homeschool Tracker made record keeping very easy. It takes some getting used to but when you get the hang of, it is great.

I have also had someone tell me that it is better than the HS record keeper they bought.

the full version has some new features like ISBN you can put in the number and wola the title, author are all keyed in for you.

spell checker is a new feature and it is good to go with VISTA but some of my other programs don't seem to do so well. Like Norton or Rosetta Stone or Vista itself my poor laptop is a mess. Anyway I miss Homeschool Tracker it does take some learning but they have plenty of help on their website. Just remember to back it up regularly because if I hadn't I would need to re-enter everything. Oh and I have never ever gotten such a quick reponse to a question from any other bussiness as Homeschool Tracker their customer service is the best.

I use HST and like it! I'm in a state that doesn't require any reporting, and so I can't help much there. Actually, I can't help much anyway because I have only invested enough time to learn how to do what I needed -- easily print out daily assignment sheets for my kids. I have our subjects entered into the Weekly Planner, and it increments the lessons or page numbers for me (if applicable). At some point, I'll begin to enter grades, but I know how my kids are doing and no one is asking for the grades. :rolleyes:

So, not much help! However, I can say that I do like it, and I preferred it to the other homeschool record keeping programs that were available at the time. (I tried 2 others and checked into another.) Surprisingly, HST was also the least expensive, even paying for the deluxe version.

I started with the free version a few years ago, but upgraded to Plus. There was a feature I wanted (I don't remember which) but wasn't in the free version.

One of the best things about Plus is that you get all of their upgrades for free, and their support is wonderful.

I would start with the free version, and then if you like it or want other features, upgrade. If I remember correctly it will transfer all of your records when you upgrade, so you don't have to re-enter anything.

I have only one dd, and it's still worth it to me. I'm still using the free version, although I think next year I'll sign up for the full meal deal. I love being able to hand her the assignments for the week. While she's still young, it's starting to give her what it takes to calculate what she needs to get done to stay on track for a week or so. I love being able to run report cards. You can run reports for whatever time period you want.