Menu

Removing stains from upholstery

Can someone please tell me how to successfully remove stains from a couch. Ours is in desperate need of cleaning and everything I have tried has not worked. I do not have the money to hire a professional cleaning company and I am afraid it would not work anyway. It is hard to explain the material (I do know that it is not micro-suede) and it was supposed to have been scotch guarded, but I guess 7 years later that no longer matters. Please help!

It is pretty much the whole couch, mainly where you sit your bum and the arm rests. There are several large stains that I have no idea where they came from and I think the rest is just nastiness from years of use. I swear I am a clean person, but you would not be able to tell if saw just a picture of my couch. I have tried many cleaners from the store but none of them seem to remove anything. :glare:

Oxy clean does great!

I wash the seat covers on a delicate cycle in the washer & hang them to dry. You can also wash them by hand.

I then spary the oxy on the arm & blot (just follow instructions on labels). You can make your own using oxy powder/granules... or you can buy the oxy spray. It is awesome stuff!

Don't spray on too much or use too much water as you rinse and blot... it can be a mess.