Menu

Couple of workbook finds that I really like.

LadyAberlin

I was at Barnes and Noble last night and I picked up a Big Skills for Little Hands workbook. They do a series of tracing, pasting and cutting etc. Kind of like Kumon. I love the Kumon books, but for the younger set I'm going to start getting these instead. They are 200 pgs and only $14. If you have a teacher's discount card they are 20% cheaper. Kumon you pay $6 for about 40 pgs. So these books are a better value and are comparable. Also for my kindy I got a Reading, Writing & Math Enrichment Activities for the Gifted Child. I really like the workbook activities. I don't like most of the workbooks that are on the shelf but these have some critical thinking skills stuff that I really like and so does my son. It was only $8.95. So if you are looking for workbooks, especially for the summer, I give these 2 thumbs up and so do my kids!

I was at Barnes and Noble last night and I picked up a Big Skills for Little Hands workbook. They do a series of tracing, pasting and cutting etc. Kind of like Kumon. I love the Kumon books, but for the younger set I'm going to start getting these instead. They are 200 pgs and only $14. If you have a teacher's discount card they are 20% cheaper. Kumon you pay $6 for about 40 pgs. So these books are a better value and are comparable. Also for my kindy I got a Reading, Writing & Math Enrichment Activities for the Gifted Child. I really like the workbook activities. I don't like most of the workbooks that are on the shelf but these have some critical thinking skills stuff that I really like and so does my son. It was only $8.95. So if you are looking for workbooks, especially for the summer, I give these 2 thumbs up and so do my kids!

How do you get the Teacher's Discount card? Are Homeschooling Moms considered as tecahers?

How do you get the Teacher's Discount card? Are Homeschooling Moms considered as tecahers?

Yes! They asked me for a card from the state Dept. of Education to prove I was a hs mama. But, I didn't have one and they gave me the teacher's card anyway. (I live in ME but was shopping in NH, I guess NH state DoE gives out some kinds of cards). It's sooooo worth it. I rarely buy stuff there that's full price, but they'll give the discount on bargain stuff, too. Anything I will use for school they'll give me a 20% discount on.